Do this for 5 minutes and you can add 6 years to your life
- Foam rolling- Yeah I said it again. One thousand times I’ve said it and I will say it one thousand more. By spending just 5 minutes rolling around on this tube you will feel so much better I promise.
- Toasty pants- These aren’t all scientific, this is just what I do. When it’s cold like it is now, this can really help. Throw your pants, socks, and the shirt you are going to wear in the dryer for 5 minutes. By the time they are done, you pull out the clothes, get dressed and you get a warm jump start on your day. Great for having an excuse for walking around the house in your boxers too, if you’re into that sort of thing.
- Get up- This one is pretty simple. Every hour, get up and walk around and stretch for 5 minutes. If you are the type that gets tied up in their work and doesn’t know what time it is, set an alarm to remind you. Every hour, do it. Your back, hips, neck, eyes, and energy levels will thank you.
- Floss- Seriously! This doesn’t even take 5 minutes, unless you have teeth like Gary Busey. Studies have shown that you can add 6 years onto your life by flossing. 6 years! Imagine the shuffle board domination you have to look forward to with all that extra time on the end of your life.
- Quiet- Let me ask you a question. When was the last time you had 5 solid minutes of complete silence? You probably can’t even remember. Between TV’s, radios, iPods, cell phones, and everything else silence is very rare. Take 5 minutes every day in complete silence. You will be amazed at what it can do for your stress levels. Turn everything off, tune everything out, put the kids in their sound proof room, and just chill. You can plan out how you are going to attack a problem at work, pray, meditate, clear your mind of all the junk, or whatever you choose to do. Works wonders for improving thought clarity as well.