Recipes so you can get vegetables in your breakfast, lunch, and dinner
21 Day Belly Blast nutrition plan, I wanted to share one of the green smoothie recipes from it. First add 1 cup of water to your blender then: 1 cup of mango, 1 frozen banana, and 1-2 cups of spinach. They taste really good and you will not taste the spinach, I promise. Some options you can add in are: more water (depending on how thick you like it), ice, and protein powder. Lunch-Chick Pea Salad This is something my wife started making recently that I really like. It makes a large amount, so you can just pull it out of the fridge and be ready to roll. I like to put it over a bed of lettuce with some grilled chicken. Ain't nobody got time for food prep at lunch. Mix together in a large bowl the following: 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 cucumber chopped
1 small red onion chopped
1 red bell pepper chopped1/2 cup olives 1 yellow bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oilThen the most important part. Put a lid over the bowl (tightly) and shake it like crazy. You get a workout and a salad. She combined a few different recipes to come up with this one. She "made it her own" for you American Idol fans. Feel free to do the same. Dinner- Butternut Squash Soup This recipe comes from the Fix Fat Forever Weight Loss System. It's something that tastes a little bit different from what you are used to, but is really good. And I'm not a squash fan. It's a little more time consuming, but it freezes really well if you want to make it for your future self. Makes 6 to 8 servings Ingredients: 2 butternut squash (beige colored, pear shaped squash) 3 onions, chopped 1 head garlic Olive oil 1 tablespoon curry powder, mild 2 tins organic chicken broth (found in natural foods section of grocery store) or your own 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped Directions: Preheat oven to 350
- Wash squash and pierce twice. Place both squash whole, in a large baking dish or baking sheet. Bake at 350 for one hour or until well done.
- In the same oven, take one head of garlic, slice small amount off top and drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Wrap in foil and place next to squash.
- When well done, let squash cool, then cut lengthwise and scoop out seeds and discard. Scoop out the squash and place in large pot.
- In frying pan, add 2 teaspoons olive oil and sauté onions until quite golden and soft. Add curry powder and ginger, and blend for 1 minute. Add chicken broth and squash. Squeeze garlic from its skin and add to squash mixture. Mix well and simmer for 5 mins to blend flavors.
- In small batches, blend in blender until smooth. Add more broth or a little water if needed.
21 day belly blast Butternut Squash Soup Recipe Chick Pea Salad Recipe eating more vegetables Fix Fat Forever Weight Loss System green smoothie recipe healthy eating healthy moms healthy recipes huntsville adventure boot camp joe martin fitness madison adventure boot camp