10 Reasons You Should Be Exercising Outside
Fall is my favorite time of the year to exercise because I do 99% of my workouts outside. It is beautiful right now!
I actually feel weird when I exercise indoors. Even though the temperature is always nice and I don't have to worry about this weird neighbor I have who pulls out a chair and watches me exercise, I don't like it as much.
That is a weird twist because I used to do nothing but gym workouts. I started to wonder why that is, so I did some research. Turns out researchers have proven that there are some awesome benefits to exercising in the great outdoors.
Top Ten Reasons You Need To Exercise Outside
1. 50% greater improvement in mental health over gym workouts.
2. It decreases tension, anger, confusion, and depression (know anyone who could use less of those beauties?).
3. Increased rates of exercise compliance (easier to stick to your workout routine).
4. Vigorous, outdoor exercise increases energy and alertness better than a cup of coffee.
5. Much higher Vitamin D levels. In a related note, people with low Vitamin D levels are twice as likely to be overweight than people with normal to high levels if Vitamin D.
6. Helps you sleep better at night.
7. Test subjects scored 50% better on a creativity study after exercising. Side note, you have to go phone/MP3 free for this one to work.
8. No need to worry about germs on the equipment or waiting on the guy who is reading a novel while camped out on the piece of equipment you need.
9. Better way to increase your fitness level, especially for runners. Dealing with wind, temperature changes, different terrain, etc... makes your body work harder, expend more energy, and become more resilient.
10. Adventure Boot Camp is outside. This has been scientifically proven by the way.
anger better sleep confusion exercise compliance huntsville adventure boot camp joe martin fitness madison adventure boot camp mental health outdoor exercise outdoor running tension