I ignored my own rules and Russell made me pay for it. When resisting temptation goes bad.
I have three major rules about avoiding food temptation.
1. Don't keep the temptation around
2. If you do have tempting foods, don't keep them where you will see them all the time
3. Don't let yourself get too hungry
Very similar to the rules of handling Gizmo from Gremlins. Sweet 80s reference for you.
Before I get into what happened, I need to tell you the back story. Right around Valentine's Day, I won a HUGE box of Russell Stover chocolates through a drawing at the library.
My emotions were:
"Wait, there is no way in the world I need 64 pieces of chocolate."
So I began plotting on who I could off load this stuff on. I just couldn't, in good conscience, force this pile of diabetus (it's the correct spelling in the Wilford Brimley dictionary) on anyone.
So it has been riding shotgun in my truck for two weeks.
Silently whispering to give it a try.
Do tempting foods talk to you too? If not, just keep it to yourself.
Things have been going just fine. Until today…
All 3 of my rules conspired together, hit at the perfect time, and a massacre occurred. I had chocolates, I had been staring at them for 2 weeks, and I was starving.
I'm not sure how many chocolates went down, but next thing I knew it look like a buzz saw had hit that box. When I came to, I immediately threw the box in the trash.
Let my mistake be a lesson to you. 3 things to keep in mind:
1. If you keep things around the house that you want to avoid eating, it is not IF you will eat them it is WHEN.
2. If you have to have things like that around "for the kids", make sure you keep them out of eye sight. Otherwise, you will crave them every time you walk by.
3. Don't let yourself get to the point where you are beyond hungry. I was getting a little light headed and nauseous I was so hungry. I normally have some almonds or a piece of fruit handy for these situations, but not today.
If you see my feet hanging out of my garbage can, it is not because I am retrieving the dark chocolate truffle. I'm making sure no one else is. Always looking out for others. It's what I do.
chocolate cravings diabetus dumpster diving gizmo gremlins huntsville adventure boot camp HuntsvilleBootCamp.com joe martin fitness madison adventure boot camp oscar wilde russell stover temptation valentine's day wilford brimley