Something for your mind, body, and soul
Hopefully we are through with all of the dangerous weather that has been in our area lately. Hope your friends and families made it through safely.
We have been trapped indoors long enough. It is time to take things outside.
Here are the top 10 reasons, you should exercise outside.
1. 50% greater improvement in mental health over gym workouts.
2. It decreases tension, anger, confusion, and depression
3. Increased rates of exercise compliance (easier to stick to your workout routine).
4. Vigorous, outdoor exercise increases energy and alertness better than a cup of coffee.
5. Much higher Vitamin D levels. In a related note, people with low Vitamin D levels are twice as likely to be overweight than people with normal to high levels if Vitamin D.
6. Adventure Boot Camp is outside. Just putting that out there.
7. Test subjects scored 50% better on a creativity study after exercising outdoors.
8. No need to worry about germs on the equipment or waiting on the guy who is reading a novel while camped out on the piece of equipment you need.
9. Better way to increase your fitness level, especially for runners. Dealing with wind, temperature changes, different terrain, etc... makes your body work harder, expend more energy, and become more resilient.
10. Helps you sleep better at night.
Even if you can't exercise outdoors every day, try to sneak in at least one workout per week outside.
Get some fresh air, sunlight, movement, sweat, and maybe even have a little fun while you're at it.
You will be amazed at what that can do for your mind, body, and soul.
exercise motivation huntsville adventure boot camp HuntsvilleBootCamp.com joe martin fitness madison adventure boot camp outdoor exercise Physical exercise sticking to exercise